Thursday, January 04, 2007

Snow? What's That?


Some of us are experiencing some real weather this year. All too real weather if you ask my good neighbors here in New Mexico, still digging out from that freak blizzard. Sure, we get that it's supposed to snow...it's winter. But 15 feet snow drifts is just plain scary. And digging out? Just the bane of my existence. But my feet (and thus the rest of me as well) were pretty warm thanks to my new Shearling Boots from Lands End. They weren't the cheapest boots in the universe ($121.99) but for a sturdy pair likely to last me for several several winters, through blizzard and shine, I was very pleased with my purchase. My toes were cozy but not suffocated, my legs the same. I looked at several other pairs of winter boots but was unhappy with either the materials used, which needed to be waterproof and very insulating, or with the style. A number of winter boots seem to sacrifice looks for warmth or vice versa. This pair had both and more importantly, as I was saying, they've become a real necessity this winter. These boots are the marriage of beauty and intelligence.

Bonne Année!

Votre ami,
Claire Comtois-Lécuyer

No comments: